Friday, April 9, 2010

The Essess Op Shopping Adventures across country Victoria..

Mr S and myself went on a little road trip, first stop Beaufort, second stop Ararat and last stop Stawell............................ First my favourite Op Shop purchase for the day was this great Orange Cake Platter with Plastic Lid that was in the Bargain Bin for .50c................




Another purchase was $2! This little duck will be going to live with my mum, perfect for her collecting fresh eggs from her chickens.............................


Some Vintage Table Cloths that will be rehomed to Curlypops, I am sure they will make great panels for handbags or something crafty...


We took the Transit VAn luckily because I found a great cabinet to store some of my collectibles.
Mr S purchased some magazines and waited in the van while I shopped, perfect way to get your husbands to join you shopping..
We drove past the Old J Ward Jail for the criminally insane! Entry was $14 for adults, so next time we will make time for a tour. The old Bluestone building was amazing...




The front of J Ward.........




I am guessing the van entry to J Ward to deliver inmates....





Whilst in Beaufort I came across this shop "Beaufort Keepsakes".
Inside was craft supplies and lots of handmade items, quilts, handpainted plates etc..
Also another craft shop in town but ran out of time to check it all out!
Its a nice drive from Clunes along the Western Highway towards the Grampians and well worth a day trip!
Beaufort has one Op Shop,m Ararat has 5 Oppys and Stawell had three that I found although the St Patricks recycle shop in Stawell closed at 2pm so we missed it!
Thanks for a lovely day out Mr S...................
P.S. I am very excited about our trip tomorrow morning, can't tell you too much but I have high hopes of finding some bargains.... Stay Tuned.................






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have come on your little road trip, what great finds that cake stand is perfect and for 50c what a bargain well done..

xo
Daneve
Chicuff & Brissy op Shops

CurlyPops said...

Lots of bargains yesterday!