Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vintage Thingy Thursday...

I went to the Ballarat Market on Sunday and found this craft book for $3.00.
Inside is instructions of how to make a Doll Face String Holder along with lots of other fun projects! This book was printed in 1972.

Later that Day I recieved a Doll Face String Holder from a friend! What a coincidence!
The string ball is put in the back of the head and tied, then the string is accessed from the Dolls mouth. A clever way of accessing string in a Pretty doll...

If you would like to join in or see who else is joining in Vintage Thingy Thursday then tootle on over to Confessions of an Apron Queen...



10 comments:

Amy said...

That's pretty cool. At least the doll has a happy face otherwise it could be pretty creepy :-)

Mary said...

Wow! What a great idea. What a pretty way to hide a ball of string. Thanks so much for sharing. I love vintage. These were popular when my daughter was young.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

How bizarre...I've never seen one of those before, gotta love it lol!! Love vintage craft books too for those weird & wonderful things to make lol!!

Drewzel said...

"everybody loves string!"

Maybe I'm weird, but the string coming out of her mouth freaks me!

Coloradolady said...

Well, this is a first for me. I have never, ever seen one of these. Cute. and what a neat find in the book.

mub said...

I've seen string holders before, but never one like this! I think it's awesome that you got it at the same time you found the book too, how strange is that?

CurlyPops said...

Looks like Chucky to me!

Kellie said...

Oh so fun! My grandmother used to crochet all the time! If she's made one of those toilet paper cover dolls on the front of your book, she's made a thousand! This brought back fond memories!

JEWELGIRL said...

My kitties would have a great time with this string holder!! Bad kitties! :) But it is a cute decorative idea to hold string!

Sarah said...

That is really neat!